Wednesday 18 March 2020

B.2.1.A. March 19th (online session nº3)

Hi everyone!
How are things going?

First of all, and very important for you evaluation: I here send you the new Evaluación de progreso system as we have had to change some criteria. Should you have any doubt, please let me know.

Besides, here's the link where you can find all the audios "Perspectives Intermediate, Student's book" https://eltngl.com/sites/perspectives/student-resources/british-english/intermediate/student-book-audio-intermediate

CLASS:
Then, let's correct unit 5D:
page 64  ex. 1: 1.may, may, 2) but
Page 64 ex. 2. Part 1: 1. The Silver spoon a) a person with advantages who is likely to find success in life
2. The scrapper, b. a person who has had to fight to get where they are.
Part 2. True statements: c and d
Part 3: not mentioned: b and c.
Page 64 ex. 4: 1.A, 2B, 3A, 4B, 5B, 6A, 7 both, 8 B, 9B and 10A
Page 65 ex 6: 1. focused, 2 an interview, 3. didn't have, 4. didn't finish, 5 many.
Page 65. ex. 7: 1b, 2a, 3a
Page 65 ex. 8: 1 terms=c, 2 tough =b, 3.assignments=b, 4 turn out= a, 5 piece of cake=b, 6 count on=a

Here's key of the multiple matching reading I sent you on Tuesday: 1. H, 2. B,3. F,,4. J,5. G,,6. I, 7. K

And before we start unit 6 "Superhuman", let's practise some listening and learn some vocabulary so as to talk about Coronavirus. I've been in touch with some of you and on Thursdays we'll be having our first Skype session. Have a look at the vocabulary before that. You may find it useful to deal with the task you'll be given online.

Then, let's start page 69 by having a look at the vocabulary ex. 2 and 3.
Can you answer question 1 page 69 by posting/writing  a comment here?

Later, move on to the listening activities 5 and 6 page 70 (see link above).

To finish off, some grammar: As you know, I already explained all the different types of conditionals in class but here (page 70-71) you'll focus on zero and first conditionals. Can you please do ex 8-9 now?

And to cheer you up, we'll finish with these two videos: listen to the lyrics and repeat (or sing;) the conditionals you spot:




HOMEWORK:
Grammar: page 138.read the grammar and do ex. 1-2 page 139.
Remember you need to post your oral mediation on the padlet I published on Tuesday.



9 comments:

  1. About interesting things of the human body, I heard that when we say "Hello!" we move hundreds of muscles, even when we laugh, I'm not sure if it's true but is sounds curious to me.

    Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  2. About if I know interesting things about the human body, I would like to tell you that it is said that nails and hair grow up after death. That is false because our body after death suffer dehydration of the skin causing the illusion of growth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting Elisa! Thanks for sharing this piece of information.
      Remember:"our body suffers from".

      Delete
  3. So am I! Although sometimes it's hard to see it: the human body is perfect! Hope this helps in this extraordinary situation these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am Antonio!, I have been looking for some information about human body, and for me the most interesting is, that Information travels along nerves at about 400kmph! There is a lot of interesting information about human body which I didn´t know.

    I hope all of you are OK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting IVán! Thanks for sharing:)
    Mind the following mistakes:"de"-->"the" "otherwise"--> "on the other hand?" "when+present--> we lift" "some data".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Antonio, thanks for telling us! I loved it.
    In English, you need to add "the most interesting thing", "the most interesting news..."the human body".

    ReplyDelete

A1 English revision before the exam:) IMPORTANT INFORMATION

 IMPORTANT DAYS: * Reading, Listening and writing: Tuesday  May 9th , 9h30 aula 1 * Speaking: Thursday  May 11th (I sent you the list with ...