Monday 23 March 2020

B.2.1.A. March 24th (online session 4)

Hi there,
First of all I'd like to post a video where I explain the different things I'm doing for you these days and that you're meant to do at home. Hope this makes everything easier.
Next day, I'll post a video on how to publish your "vocaroo" onto the padlet:) and Skype to use it with your classmates.

OUR CLASS TODAY:

As we used to do, the first thing is to correct what you had to do during the previous session and your homework: here's the key to pages 63-64-65 (unit 5), pages 69 and 70 (unit 6A) and to page 139 ex. 1-2.

Then, let's continue the class by focusing on grammar and doing some more conditionals practice: ex. 10-11 page 71. You can check the answers with the key above.

Then, move on to page 71, think about question number 1 and read the text page 72. Then, answer questions 2-3 page 71. Later on, so as to pracise speaking, speak to one of your classmates to compare your answers in number 2-3 and together discuss the questions in number 4 and number 9 page 72. You can either do this by videocall, or by using skype...Skype will be used both among yourselves AND with me when we meet together in our virtual speaking sessions:)

And to finish off the class, let's celebrate the World Poetry Day (March 21st) with some pronunciation and listening: read this poem and fill in the gaps with the rhyming words: Sue's shoes then, play the audio version and check your answers. On Thursday I'll give you the written key (just in case:). You can then say the poem pausing after each line. Pay attention to the rhythm and pronunciation.

And remember... these are some useful tips to study at home:)

HOMEWORK
Some vocabulary about health:https://www.english-practice.at/b2/vocabulary/topics/top004-health-medicine.pdf (do the activities. The key is at the very end of the document).
And...optional: You can write a short poem and send it to me by email (that's optional!) I'll put them on the padlet, if you wish.
And...comment on this video: tips to study at home. What did you like? Do you think that's useful?






4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. In my case, I believe that one of the best advice, despite it could sound a little bit obvious, is to check our posture frequently. In my routine I have to stay long hours studying and I didn’t check the posture that I’m having. Thus, I’m going to be more aware about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to be careful with your back. Remember "aware of". When you're talking about the past, you can say "I didn't use to check", or "I've never checked my posture so far..."

      Delete
  2. Yes...I agree... the phone is a distractor, indeed.
    Mind some mistakes: "it is recommendable/Advisable" (subject), "remind somebody of something","to pay attention to"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about classical music? Maybe it helps you:)
    Pay attention to the following comments: "I couldn't agree more", "short periods of time" "to prevent us from +ing", "I need a quiet room", or "in deep silence"

    ReplyDelete

A1 English revision before the exam:) IMPORTANT INFORMATION

 IMPORTANT DAYS: * Reading, Listening and writing: Tuesday  May 9th , 9h30 aula 1 * Speaking: Thursday  May 11th (I sent you the list with ...