Monday 16 March 2020

B.1.A. (March 17th, online session 2)

WELCOME TO CLASS:
Good morning everyone! How are you doing? Life is changing so much these days, isn't it?
But our classes won't:)

Let me first check what I asked you to do:
Did you do your "speaking activity last Thursday? I asked you to go to p.83 and talk about one of the issues and tell one of your classmates. Nobody told me anything about it. I know you have a whatsapp group, you should decide and organise yourselves so as to work in pairs or groups of three. Please do that activity (see post from March 12th) and then send me a summary of what you did (did you agree? didn't you?) and tell me about it in an email.

Then, take your reading mock exam"Best of the Videos" where you have Sarah, Maria, Simon... Here is the key

Then, let's start UNIT 6A: here is the key to the reading you had to do for today: p. 94: 
Ex c: 1) patient, 2) miming,  3)weather, 4) secrets, 5) expensive, 6) real and 7 ) ordinary
Ex.d) 

Now, let's start the grammar point of the unit: The passive voice:
First of all, do p.95 ex. 2.a and then move on to p.214 and read the grammar bank 6A. To help you understand the passive voice, click on the following links:
Read unit 42 page 84 Murphy's English Grammar in use (Passive 1)
And this one: https://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/intermediate/unit-12/tab/grammar

- Pronunciation page 95. Before doing ex. 3a, click on this video Marks vowel chart explained as it can help you identify the vowel differences. Remember you can set up the video with English subtitles to help you follow his explanation.

- Now let's move on to some listening exam practice. Do you remember the handout I gave you in class?
You'll find the tracks attached (I'll send you an email tomorrow morning). Please listen to each twice. I'll give you the key next Thursday.

- Our "speaking time" will be devoted to ORAL Mediation. I've created a new padlet where I have published a post with a task. Click on Speak up! B.1.A padlet. Take a watch and time yourselves: you've got 3 minutes to take notes and then record your voice with the online voice recorder https://vocaroo.com/ and then post your recording with your name and group (for example: B.1.A. Sylvie, B.1.A. Pilar, B.1.A. Javi) and then I will post you some feedback there.

HOMEWORK for NEXT CLASS:
Grammar: I'd like you to do ex. a) and b) p. 214. for next class (Thursday). I'll give you the key in my next post.
Vocabulary: page 231 Cinema (all the exercises).

And that's all for today, folks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A1 English revision before the exam:) IMPORTANT INFORMATION

 IMPORTANT DAYS: * Reading, Listening and writing: Tuesday  May 9th , 9h30 aula 1 * Speaking: Thursday  May 11th (I sent you the list with ...